Frequently Asked Questions
What Does Focused Portfolios™ Electronic Companion Do?
If you are a Professional working in the field of Early Childhood Education and already preparing handwritten portfolios for each of the children in your group, the Focused Portfolios™ Electronic Companion can provide you with the following benefits:
- create, edit, and save computerized portfolios for each child in the program
- copy and print multiple original copies of each child's portfolio
- import and include scanned images of a child's work or digital photos on Collection Forms
- click and insert developmental milestones onto any of the Collection Forms
- setup and use your own custom milestones (like those needed for Creative Curriculum)
- work in English, Spanish or French
- work at school or on your home computer
- access the Help system in English, Spanish or French
- download software updates from the internet
The Focused Portfolios™ Electronic Companion eliminates:
- hard-to-read handwriting
- paper shuffling and storage problems
- rewriting (in longhand) Developmental Milestones
- recopying (in longhand) after editing
- poor quality photo copies of forms and other materials
The Focused Portfolios™ Electronic Companion allows providers to create, edit, save, copy and print complete portfolios for each child in a program. It contains all 17 portfolio collection forms as well as the ability to "click and insert" the Developmental Milestones from the book Focused Portfolios™: A Complete Assessment for the Young Child.
Providers may create separate data files by teacher, class or child. Providers may use as much page space as needed to write Collection Form anecdotes and digital photographs or scans of childrens' work may be imported as well.